Coney Aerial View
The Parachute Jump ride structure is visible from along the Brooklyn shore as far as Bay Ridge.
The Parachute Jump was taken down in December 2002 to be repaired and reassembled.
The last time we were there in 2006, we noticed it was put back up again. Yay!
The Coney Island Parachute Jump was built for the 1939-40 World's Fair in Flushing Meadows and was moved to Coney Island after the Fair closed. It was still open well into the 1960s